Friday 21 October 2011

Objective-C and iOS Programming

Well, have finally got around to working on learning Objective-C and iOS programming.  And wow - it is totally different to any language I have eve r used.  Sure, I've written a program in C++ before, but this is totally different.  I must say that learning to program for Android, BlackBerry or Windows is far, far easier than this.  Still, I love a good challenge.  And since I've found some wonderful tutorials over at RayWenderlich.com it has been a bit easier.  I guess I'm still coming to grips with how to link everything together.  I can get the rest of it fairly easily but linking things to each other and where to put certain things is still troubling me.  What's more annoying is that Objective-C has three different ways of doing things.

The first is using square brackets: [someThing someParameter:value].  Then you have this someVariable=(variableType *)someInitCode.  And finally the old school someVariable.someAttribute.  Trying to figure out which one to use and when is confusing.  At least at the moment.  So while I'm learning, I'm writing a small app that I first started when trying to learn Android.  I got stuck with Android as I couldn't figure out how to use a TableView with multiple elements in each row.  Should be a fairly easy and common task but I couldn't find out how to do it!  With iOS, it's a piece of cake.

Anyway, enough of this for now.  Time to get back to cooking!

2 comments:

  1. This site is really amazing and informative to me, i am impressed by this site and really gonna share this site.
    Facebook Developers

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing information you was talking to every one in 2011 that is awesome i don't know why you stoped the blog post

    ReplyDelete